CRL promotes opportunities for libraries and consortia to share information, expertise, and best practices for the cooperative, strategic preservation and management of print. PAN is an open venue for this kind of information-sharing. Those with an interest in print archiving are welcome to attend and participate. Please note the meeting room in on the second floor, The room is on the second floor of the hotel, please consult the floorplan, here.
For more information about PAN, please join the PAN listserv. Our meeting archive can be found here.
See also Agenda
9:00-9:05 Welcome & Announcements (5 min)
Matthew Revitt, Shared Print Consultant at EAST and Maine Shared Collection Librarian at University of Maine
9:05-10:05 Validation of Shared Print Collections (60 min)
1. Central Iowa Collaborative Collections Initiative survey
(Teri Koch and Andrew Welch, Central Iowa Collaborative Collections Initiative) (download)
2. EAST validation work for monographs (Susan Stearns, EAST) (download)
3. Book Traces Validation (Kara M. McClurken, University of Virginia) (download)
4. OhioLINK Validation of Serials (Amy Pawlowski, OhioLINK Deputy Director) (download)
10:05-10:45 Short Subjects (40 min)
5. The Foibles of Journal Data (Amy Wood, CRL) (download) || Follow up Report
6. Update on the HathiTrust SP Program (Lizanne Payne, Hathitrust) (download)
7. Microfilm Preservation at Backstage Library Works (Joan Corkran and Joe Konrath, Backstage Library Works) (download)
8. PALCI Shared Print Archive Reference Sets (Amy McColl, Swarthmore) (download)