The Infrastructure Working Group is a standing body of the South Asia Open Archives, reporting to the SAOA Executive Board and working in close consultation with the SAOA Program Manager, the Content Curation Working Group, and the Funding Working Group.
David Faust, University of Minnesota (Chair)
Jef Pierce, University of Pennsylvania
Mary Rader, University of Texas at Austin
Laura Ring, University of Chicago
G. Sundar, Roja Muthiah Research Library
The Infrastructure Working Group provides recommendations to the Executive Board on all matters associated with the supporting technological framework of the SAOA. These include, but are not limited to:
- Administration, staffing, and strategic partnerships
- Ongoing support for process improvements, standards updates, and SAOA site enhancements
- Standards for digitization and metadata, the initiative's SAOA’s web presence, and intellectual property rights associated with resources presented through SAOA
- Preservation archive for long term storage
- Project-oriented work, such as quality control and addressing questions regarding digitization and ingest
- Strategic planning related to changing technologies and emerging infrastructure needs, for example, support for new formats/data here (images, data sets, archival material, etc.)
The Infrastructure Working Group contributes to the permanent framework underlying and making possible all SAOA activities. It participates in shaping the vision of SAOA as the initiative grows and develops over time.
The Infrastructure Working Group is composed of at least three members from SAOA member institutions. At least one member will be from the Executive Board and that member will serve as the Working Group Chair or Co-Chair. The SAOA Program Manager participates in meetings of the Working Group. The term of service on the Working Group is one year and members are encouraged to renew their term of service.
Tasks, Timelines, and Deliverables:
Tasks, timelines, and deliverables for the Working Group are typically recommended by the Executive Board. The Working Group may also propose tasks within its purpose that contribute to the SAOA mission.
The Infrastructure Working Group reports to the Executive Board on a monthly basis and more often if requested. The Executive Board will be responsible for reporting recommendations by the Working Group to the SAOA membership.
Updated on September 14, 2020