The SAOA Executive Board consists of both elected and ex officio members.
Three representatives from SAOA members are elected to three year terms by the members of SAMP. The terms of office of these elected members are staggered, so that one seat on the SAOA Executive Board becomes open each year. Membership on the Executive Board is limited to two consecutive terms. The current SAMP Chairperson (ex officio) and a representative from the Center for Research Libraries (non-voting ex officio) are also members of the SAOA Executive Board.
The Executive Board selects a Chair from among its members for a two-year term; reappointment is permitted.
Current Executive Board
- David Faust (2019-2022), SAOA Chair (2021-2022), University of Minnesota
- Abhijit Bhattacharya (2021-2024), Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Calcutta
- Ryan Perkins (2020-2022), Stanford University
- Laura Ring (2021-2023), University of Chicago
- Samantha Abrams (Ex-Officio), Center for Research Libraries