The Engagement and Outreach Working Group promotes the involvement of existing members and builds partnerships with librarians in German-speaking countries through professional development information exchanges either virtually or in-person. This working group administers the awarding of professional development stipends to librarians or library staff from member institutions or personal GNARP members for conference travel, research projects, virtual conference attendance, or other professional development training.
The Working Group’s charge includes but is not limited to the following:
- Create exchanges of information in the form of informal virtual talks or more virtual programs focusing on collection development, instruction, reference tools, databases, outreach to users, research, scholarly communication and other aspects of German Studies librarianship.
- Using existing contacts with German librarians, build relationships and professional development information exchanges. One group to focus on are those contacts affiliated with the Fachinformationsdienst (FID) for Germanistik.
- Make a plan to reach out to librarians in Austria and Switzerland.
- Establish criteria and application process for awarding professional development stipends which could be used for conference travel or other training. Create a mechanism for dissemination of knowledge/experience recipients gained to all members. Submit a stipend budget to the Steering Committee for approval. As necessary, coordinate and collaborate with CIFNAL or other CRL Global Resources Networks.
- Identify and promote conferences that may be of interest to GNARP members.
The Engagement and Outreach Working Group’s documentation related to the ongoing work of the Working Group may be found in the Engagement and Outreach Working Group Workspace.
The Engagement and Outreach Working Group Workspace is a wiki tool that members can access to review and edit or add content. It is open only to GNARP Members. Contact the CRL representative for information on access to the Workspace.
To join the Engagement and Outreach Working Group, contact the CRL representative and provide your full name, e-mail address, and institutional affiliation.