CRL promotes opportunities for libraries and consortia to share information, expertise, and best practices for print preservation and management. The Print Archive Network (PAN) Forum is a free and open venue for information sharing about shared print programs. All those with an interest in shared print are welcome to attend and participate.
PAN Midwinter 2022 will be held online due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The forum is shortened to two hours to ensure a lively event. It will be recorded for later viewing on CRL's YouTube Channel. We look forward to seeing you all in person at the next PAN Forum as part of ALA Annual in June 2022.
For ongoing communications about the PAN Forum, please join the PAN listserv. Past event pages for PAN presentations and program reports are collected and archived. Older PAN presentations and updates are available in our PAN Event Index. The PAN archive provides access to older content contributed to PAN from 2009 to 2010.
To download a printable version, click here. Note: All times are Central USA.
11:00–11:05 (Central Time) Welcome & Announcements (Matthew Revitt, Maine Shared Collections & EAST)
1. HathiTrust Shared Print Program Update (Heather Weltin, Content and Data Management Lead and Program Office for Shared Print, HathiTrust)
2. CCH Collaboration & the Summit for Shared Print in the Collections Lifecycle (Heather Weltin, Content and Data Management Lead and Program Office for Shared Print, HathiTrust, Alison Wohlers, UC/ WEST Shared Print Program Manager, Amy Wood, Head of Metadata & Discovery Enhancement Metadata & Discovery Enhancement, Center for Research Libraries)
3. EAST Shared Print Program Update (Susan Stearns, Project Director, Eastern Academic Scholars' Trust)
11:55–12:45 Shared Print and Resource Sharing
4. Next Steps in Shared Collection Management (Charlotte M. Johnson, Research Collection Coordinator, University of Pittsburgh)
5. Project ReShare (Boaz Nadev-Manes, University Librarian, Lehigh University, Pam Jones, Executive Director, Connect NY, and Kristina Rose, Associate Dean for Collections & Content Strategy, New York University Libraries)
6. Connecting Alma and ILLiad (Mark Paris, Associate University Librarian for Scholarly Resources & Discovery, Brandeis University)
7. Platform for Open Discovery (Tom Cramer, Associate University Librarian, Library Technology, Stanford University Libraries)
8. PALNI ARPA-funded project to explore equitable, sustainable, and open bibliographic data management options (Kirsten Leonard, Executive Director, PALNI)