CIFNAL (the Collaborative Initiative for French Language Collections) and GNARP (German-North American Resources Partnership) announce that travel stipends will be made available to attend the New Shape of Sharing: Networks, Expertise, Information forum to be held in Fiesole, Italy, May 2020. These stipends aim to increase communication and collaboration between North American and European librarians and information professionals.
Staff members from libraries that are institutional members of CIFNAL or GNARP (GNARP North American members only) and personal members (as of July 1, 2019) of CIFNAL or GNARP are eligible to apply for the stipends. Persons who are members of both CIFNAL and GNARP may receive only one stipend.
Preference for the stipends will be given to candidates who are:
- Committed to presenting a paper or a poster, or leading a break-out session at the forum
- Engaged in furthering the development of CIFNAL, GNARP, ESS, and European scholarship
- Actively contributing to the work of CIFNAL and/or GNARP
- In their first ten years as a library or information professional
Stipends will range up to $2000 to defray the cost of registration and/or travel. They will be awarded at the following levels:
- Accepted presenters from institutional members of CIFNAL or GNARP: $2,000
- Attendees from CIFNAL or GNARP institutional members: $1,500
- Accepted presenters who are personal members of CIFNAL or GNARP: $1,000
- Attendees who are personal members of CIFNAL or GNARP: $750
Applications must be received by December 10, 2019. The stipend will be administered through CRL, and the selection of recipients will be made before January 10, 2020, by designees of the CIFNAL and GNARP Steering Committees and CRL.
Stipend payments will be made after the forum is held. In order to receive the stipend payment, stipend awardees will be required to submit travel receipts and a one-page report documenting their experiences at the forum, and how their attendance at the event contributes to the work of CIFNAL and/or GNARP. Stipend awardees from the United States will also need to complete a W-9 form.