CRL promotes opportunities for libraries and consortia to share information, expertise, and best practices for the cooperative, strategic preservation, and management of print. PAN is a free and open venue for information-sharing about shared print programs. All those with an interest in shared print are welcome to attend and participate. Seating is on a first come first serve basis. Please follow this link to a map of the location.
For ongoing communications about PAN, please join the PAN listserv. Past PAN presentations and program reports are collected and archived. Older PAN presentations and Updates are available in our PAN Event Index. The PAN archive provides access to content contributed to PAN from 2009-2010.
1. Working Cooperatively for Future Shared Print
2. Partnership for Shared Book Collections (Susan Stearns, Executive Director, Eastern Academic Scholars’ Trust)
3. Rosemont Shared Print Alliance (Alison Wohlers, Manager Shared Print Programs for UC Libraries and the Western Regional Storage Trust)
4. OCLC & CRL Mellon Project (Matt Barnes, Director, OCLC Sustainable Collection Services & Amy Wood, Head of Technical Services, Center for Research Libraries)
10:05-11:00 Managing Shared Storage Facilities
5. Building a New Offsite Storage Facility (Corrie Hutchinson, Head of Acquisitions, University of Missouri)
6. ReCap's Energy Consumption Project (Ian Bogus, Executive Director, ReCap)
7. Internet Archive Digital Delivery (Chris Freeland, Director of Open Libraries Internet Archive)
11:00- 11:30 Short Subjects
8. ReShare (Jill Morris, Executive Director, PALCI)
9. EAST's Pilot Project with GoldRush (Susan Stearns, Executive Director, Eastern Academic Scholars’ Trust)
10. Big Ten Shared Collections (Lorcan Dempsey, Vice President, Membership and Research, Chief Strategist, OCLC)