CRL promotes opportunities for libraries and consortia to share information, expertise, and best practices for the cooperative, strategic preservation, and management of print. The PAN Forum is a free and open venue for information-sharing about shared print programs. All those with an interest in shared print are welcome to attend and participate.
The PAN Forum at Annual 2021 will be held online due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Tho forum is shortened to two hours to ensure a lively event. It will be recorded for later viewing on CRL's YouTube Channel. We look forward to seeing you all in person in 2022.
For ongoing communications about the PAN Forum, please join the PAN listserv. Past Event pages for PAN presentations and program reports are collected and archived. Older PAN presentations and updates are available in our PAN Event Index. The PAN archive provides access to older content contributed to PAN from 2009-2010.
Agenda (Draft) Print version
(Note: All times are EASTERN USA, use the Time Zone Converter to discover your local time.)
12:00-12:05 Welcome & Announcements (Matthew Revitt, Maine Shared Collections & EAST)
12:05-12:45 Updates (40 minutes)
1. Rosemont Last Copy Initiative (Mark Jacobs, Executive Director, Washington Research Library Consortium)
3. Update to WEST Disclosure Guidelines (Anna Striker, Shared Print Operations and Collections Analyst, California Digital Library)
12:45-1:45 Shared Print in Collection Development (60 minutes)
4. Big Ten Alliance Collective Collection (Rebecca Crist, Project Manager Library Initiatives, Big Ten Academic Alliance)
5. Print benchmarking and retention in Australian academic libraries (Lisa McIntosh, Sydney University and Monika Szunejko (Director Resources and Technology, Monash University)
6. CRKN’s Digitization and Preservation Services (Doug Brigham, SPAN Coordinator, University of British Columbia and Rebecca Dickson, COPPUL)
1:45-2:00 Short Subject
7. CRL's Superseded Reference Book Collection (Jazmyn Taylor, Archivist in Residence, Center for Research Libraries)