CRL promotes opportunities for libraries and consortia to share information, expertise, and best practices for the cooperative, strategic preservation, and management of print. The PAN Forum is a free and open venue for information-sharing about shared print programs. All those with an interest in shared print are welcome to attend and participate.
The PAN Forum at ALA Annual 2021 will be held online due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. The forum is shortened to two hours to ensure a lively event. It will be recorded for later viewing on CRL's YouTube Channel. We look forward to seeing you all in person in 2022.
For ongoing communications about the PAN Forum, please join the PAN listserv. Past Event pages for PAN presentations and program reports are collected and archived. Older PAN presentations and updates are available in our PAN Event Index. The PAN archive provides access to older content contributed to PAN from 2009-2010.
12:00-12:05 Welcome & Announcements (Matthew Revitt, Maine Shared Collections & EAST)
12:05-12:45 Updates (40 minutes)
1. Rosemont: Last Copy Initiative (Mark Jacobs, Executive Director, Washington Research Library Consortium)
2. Partnership for Shared Book Collections: Research Agenda Ideas (Susan Stearns, Project Director, Eastern Academic Scholars' Trust (EAST))
3. WEST: Update to Disclosure Guidelines (Anna Striker, Shared Print Operations and Collections Analyst, WEST and UC Libraries; Cathy Martyniak, Director, UC SRLF; Corrie Hutchinson, Associate Director of ACTS Division & Head of Acquisitions at the University of Missouri.)
12:45-1:45 Shared Print in Collection Development (60 minutes)
4. Retention, intention, and collaborative collection initiatives in Australian academic libraries (Ruth Baxter, Associate Director Collection Access and Development - University of Melbourne, Lisa McIntosh, Director Access Service, Sydney University and Monika Szunejko, Director Resources and Technology, Monash University
5. COPPUL Digitization and Collective Collections Services (Doug Brigham, SPAN Coordinator and Rebecca Dickson, Digital Stewardship Network Coordinator, COPPUL)
6. Big Ten Alliance Collective Collection (Rebecca Crist, Project Manager Library Initiatives, Big Ten Academic Alliance)
1:45-2:00 Short Subject (5 minutes)
7. CRL's Superseded Reference Book Collection (Jazmyn Taylor, Archivist in Residence, Center for Research Libraries)