The Engaging Francophone Partners Working Group is pleased to announce that CIFNAL, the Collaborative Initiative for French Language Collections, will offer a travel stipend for the AIFBD (l’Association Internationale Francophone des Bibliothécaires et Documentalistes) 2023 conference in Brussels, Belgium, which will take place on August 16-19, 2023.
Staff members from libraries that are institutional members of CIFNAL and personal members of CIFNAL as of January 1, 2023 are eligible to apply for the stipends. CIFNAL’s members are listed here.
The goal for these stipends is to encourage attendance and participation and to motivate CIFNAL members to present papers. We also wish to provide opportunities for members to expand and strengthen their professional networks by interacting with Francophone librarians at the conference.
Preference may be given to those who have not received CIFNAL travel stipends before, though previous grantees are not excluded. Additionally, preference will be given to candidates who are:
- Actively contributing to the work of CIFNAL.
- Committed to presenting a paper, organizing a workshop or otherwise taking on an active role in an organization in line with the objectives of CIFNAL.
- Engaged in furthering the development of CIFNAL and European librarianship.
Stipends will be awarded to defray cost of registration and/or travel up to $2,000 per person, and will be awarded according to the following tiers for North American members:
- Accepted presenters that are CIFNAL institutional members*: $2,000
- Attendance of CIFNAL institutional members*: $1,500
- Accepted presenters who are personal CIFNAL members*: $1,000
- Attendance of personal CIFNAL members*: $750
Award levels for European and international members may be adjusted to take into account travel costs.
Applications (Printable PDF) must be received by May 15, 2023. The stipend will be administered through CRL. Recipients will be selected before May 30, 2023 by the Stipend Review Committee.
Stipend payments will be made after the conference is held. Stipend awardees will be required to submit proof of registration and travel receipts in order to receive the stipend payment.Stipend awardees will be required to submit a one-page report documenting their experience at the conference and outlining the ways in which their attendance at the conference contributes to the work of CIFNAL. Stipend awardees from the United States will also need to complete a W-9 form.