This forum, to be webcast following CRL's annual Council Meeting. CRL member library input at the Collections Forum helps shape CRL shared collections and services throughout the year. The forum is an opportunity for representatives of CRL libraries to discuss and weigh in on CRL cooperative collecting and licensing activities, and help map CRL’s agenda.
This year’s virtual forum will feature new developments in CRL acquisitions, digitization and licensing. Attendees will also consider and discuss CRL strategies for expanding member access to news, government and legal information, and archives. Prior to April 24, CRL will poll registrants on their priorities for licensing and digitization in these areas, and on specific issues for resolution.
Science, Technology and Engineering: A Report on the CRL-Linda Hall Partnership
1:00-2:00 p.m. Central Time
- How CRL libraries are leveraging the Linda Hall Library collections
- Discovery and discoverability of Linda Hall holdings
- CRL and Linda Hall's joint collection development plan
News and Newspapers: An Update on Preservation and Access Initiatives
2:00-3:00 p.m. Central Time
- Faculty and student access to major news databases: www.nytimes.com and beyond
- Newspaper digitization and preservation: an update on the World Newspaper Archive and area materials projects efforts
- Prospects for access to broadcast collections
Law and Government: A "Leviathan" Update
3:00-4:00 p.m. Central Time
- The new challenges of e-government preservation, with focus on GPO's FDsys and NARA's Electronic Records Archives, and Library and Archives Canada
- New digitization of government and other primary legal publications: the Carnegie Project and the Myanmar documents