CRL gathers information about and evaluates digital repositories that preserve research materials of interest to the CRL community. CRL reports are independent, critical analyses based upon information obtained from the repositories themselves, from reliable independent sources, and in some instances through formal audits.
- HathiTrust- A collaborative endeavor of U.S. research libraries. The goal is the creation of a digital repository for member's digital content. The content includes millions of books, journals, government documents and other materials digitized by Google and others. Content in the public domain is freely available through the HathiTrust Digital Library.
- Koninklijke Bibliotheek’s e-Depot- The National Library of the Netherlands’ official digital repository of Elsevier Science Direct and other electronic journals
- e-Depot Website
- KB Profile (2006)
- Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe (LOCKSS)- A distributed e-journal archiving system developed within the Stanford University community.
- LOCKSS Website
- Charleston Advisor - [Volume 9, Number 3, January 2008 , pp. 61-62(2)]
- Portico- A production-level archiving service operated under the auspices of Ithaka.
- Portico Website
- Portico Profile (2011)
- Portico Certification & Audit Report (2010)
- Charleston Advisor [Volume 9, Number 3, January 2008 , pp. 61-62(2)]
- Scholars Portal-A service of the Ontario Council of University Libraries(OCUL) that provides preservation and access to information resources collected and shared by Ontario's 21 university libraries.
- ProQuest UMI Dissertation Publishing - ProQuest UMI is the largest repository of theses and dissertations produced at U.S. and Canadian universities.
- ProQuest/UMI Dissertation Publishing Website
- ProQuest LLC Profile (2010)
- UMI Profile (2008)
- Canadian Library Agreement (1997)
- Library of Congress Agreement (1999)
- Charleston Advisor [Volume 9, Number 4, April 2008, pp. 59-61(3)]
- U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO)
Federal Digital System (FEDSYS)
- U.S. National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
Electronic Records Archive Project (ERA)
- National Archives ERA Website
- ERA Profile (2006)
- ERA Requirements as of 8/11/2006
- ERA Capital Asset Summary (Revised 2012)
- Associated Press (AP)– A global news network that gathers and distributes news reports in text, still and moving image, and audio formats from all parts of the world.
- AP Website
- AP Profile (2008)
- Charleston Advisor [Volume 10, Issue 2, pages 48-49]
- LexisNexis - An online database, serving the legal profession and business, government, and academic markets, provides access to full-text and information from more than 31,000 news and government sources
- NewsBank– An aggregator of contemporary news content, drawing from more than 1,100 U.S. and foreign news sources, including newspapers, magazines, wire services, broadcasts, and news digest services
- NewsBank Website
- Newsbank Profile (2006)
- Chronopolis - The Chronopolis repository system involves several partner organizations that provide digital preservation services for major databases and datasets in the sciences and social sciences.
- General Social Survey(GSS) – A bi-annual survey administered by the National Opinion Research Center (NORC). The goal is to collect and maintain data on opinions held by the American public.
- GSS Website
- General Social Survey Profile (2008)
- Charleston Advisor [Volume 10, Number 1, July 2008 , pp. 49-51(3)]
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research(ICPSR)- ICPSR maintains and provides access to social science data for research and instruction
- ICPSR Website
- ICPSR Profile (2005)
- ICPSR Audit Report(2006)
- The Charleston Advisor [Volume 9, Number 4, April 2008 , pp. 62-63(2)]
- The Internet Archive – An organization that harvests digital content from the Web, and stores and maintains that content in an open access digital repository. The Internet Archive's Archive-It harvesting service uses the Open Source Web crawler Heretrix to harvest sites from the surface Web.
Internet Archive Website
CRL Report: 2004 analysis of the Wayback Machine in Political Communications Web Archive Project Report (2004)
CRL Report: 2006 Analysis of Archive-It Service (2006)