Circulation of CRL Physical Collections
All material held by CRL is eligible for loan to CRL members. Global members and non-members are subject to some restrictions. CRL's loan period to member libraries is six months with unlimited renewals. Member's can make unlimited number of requests and request any amount of material in any format.
Discovery of CRL Collections
- OCLC Discovery services
- OCLC has a CRL union list of serials called CRIU.
- Primo Central Index
- ProQuest’s Summon
- EBSCO Discovery Services
- Local record loading into member's catalogs.
How to Submit Requests
OCLC ILL subsystem.
- CRL’s OCLC symbol is CRL. CRL suggests that members put CRL first in the lender string and enter CRL twice or more to ensure the request stays open.
- ILL offices should request materials through OCLC when CRL’s holdings symbol is attached to the bibliographic record.
- CRL completed retrospective conversion for most of its cataloged titles, entering all records into OCLC
ALA Request Forms
- CRL accepts requests submitted on the standard American Library Association (ALA) Interlibrary Loan Request form, either sent through the mail or via fax.
- ILL offices may email Access Initiatives staff to verify holdings before submitting a request.
- CRL will accept ILL requests through email.
CRL Partners in Resource Sharing
- Borrow Direct
- Linda Hall Library
- Please contact Access Initiatives to suggest new partners for resource sharing.
Shipping Loaned Items
CRL sends loaned materials by UPS unless a courier is specified. If your patron requires expedited delivery, CRL will ship items via any shipping o courier service. If we pay additional or unusual costs for shipping CRL will pass these costs on to the member library.
Returns may be sent via UPS, or USPS library rate..When possible member libraries should include a copy of the original loan paperwork with returned items. Please send an email to Access Initiaves to inform us of any problems with the material sent.
CRL provides digitized copies of articles on request, in compliance with copyright guidelines and fair use provisions. CRL provides these copies as scanned images, or as photocopy documents when specifically requested. Copies are delivered in several ways:
- Article Exchange
- Email pdf
- Photocopies mailed by USPS first class mail
Sometimes the condition of material or the quality of our material means that loan of an item is more satisfactory than a digitial copy. In these cases, CRL staff will offer to send the library the original format for loan.