This year the Center acquired microform sets with a total list value of $202,155. Titles acquired appear below.
Any Center member library can nominate collections to be acquired through the Purchase Proposal program. (Voting on purchase proposal acquisitions, however, is open only to Voting Members institutions.) For more information on participating in the program please contact Mary Wilke, User Services Liaison. Program details and a link to the nomination form are in the Collections Program section of the Web site.
The list below includes links to the catalog records for each title.
Missionary Society Archive. Section IV: Africa Missions. Parts 16-23
- Adam Matthew Publications, 170 reels, $22,100
- Part 16: South Africa , 1836-1843, Kenya, 1841-1888, and Nyanza, 1876-1882
- Part 17: Kenya , 1880-1934
- Part 18: Kenya 1880-1934
- Part 19: Tanganyika, 1900-1934, Nyanza, 1880-1886, and Rwanda, 1933-1934
- Part 20: Uganda, 1898-1934
- Part 21: Kenya, 1935-1949
- Part 22: Uganda, 1898-1934
- Part 23: Uganda, Tanganyika, and Rwanda, 1935-1949
The Struggle for Colonial Power in Latin America, 1492-1825
Primary Source Microfilm / Gale Group, 105 reels, $15,225
Office Files: United States of America, Series Two: Vietnam, 1959-1975;
Part 4, Vietnam 1959-1963 and Part Five, Vietnam, 1964-1966.
Adam Matthew Publications, 69 reels total, $10,220
- Gay Rights Movement, Series 5-8. Primary Source Microfilms/Gale Group,
575 reels, $83,375
- Series 5: Gay Activism in Britain from 1958: The Hall-Carpenter Archives from the London School of Economics
- Series 6: Atlanta Lesbian Feminist Alliance Archives, ca. 1972-1994
- Series 7: Lesbian Herstory Archives Subject Files
- Series 8: Selected Periodicals from the GLBT Historical Society
- Medieval Manuscript Collection (Lincoln Cathedral Library). Section II, Section III reels 1, 3-4, 6-13, Section IV-VI.World Microfilms, 70 reels, $8,835
- Nazi Propaganda Literature in the Library of the Yivo Institute for Jewish Research. IDC Publishers, 185 reels, $25,900
- Russian Archives: The Cold War and the Central Committee. Series 3:
Congresses of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, 1955-1986(Fond
2, Opsi 1, 3, 5). Primary Source Microfilm / Gale Group, 196 reels and
701 fiche, $30,000
Series 3 completes the set. We already had:
- Women, Morality and Advice Literature: Manuscripts and Rare Printed Works of Hannah More (1745-1833) and her Circle from the Clark Library, Los Angeles, Parts 1-3. Adam Matthew Publications, 49 reels, $6,500.
2005 Shared Purchase Acquisitions
Through the Shared Purchase program the Center and certain of its members pool funds to make additional major purchases each year. The program acquired eight sets of archives, newspapers, and government documents for Center collections in 2005.
We wish to thank the following Center universities, which contributed to the shared purchases:
- University of California – Irvine
- University of California – Los Angeles
- University of California – San Diego
- University of Chicago
- University of Colorado
- Duke University
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- University of Iowa
- McGill University
- Michigan State University
- University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
- Northwestern University
- Vanderbilt University
- University of Washington
- Western Michigan University
- University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Yale University
The total list value of the sets acquired through the Shared Purchase program in this fiscal year was $97,950. Titles acquired were:
of the Brazilian Workers' Party (Partido dos Trabalhadores Historical
Archives). Microfilmed in São Paulo, Brazil, from originals
maintained by the Fundação Perseu Abramo, Projeto Memória
& História. IDC Publishers. 40 microfilm reels.
Government Publications Relating to the Cape of Good Hope ( South Africa ), to 1910. Group II. ProQuest. 47 microfilm reels.
- Government Publications Relating to the Cape of Good Hope ( South Africa ), to 1910. Group II. ProQuest. 47 microfilm reels.
- Illustrierte Zeitung. Leipzig , 1843-1944. Harald Fischer Verlag. 2,596 fiche. (Adds to existing Center holdings of this title.)
- Manchester Evening News (1917, 1919-1921). British Library. 13 microfilm reels. (Adds to existing Center holdings of this title.)
Sir Winston Churchill Papers. Primary Source Microfilm / Gale Group.
- Series 1: Speeches of Resonance and Power
- Series 2: Official Papers of Government Departments
- Series 3: Official Papers: Cabinets and Committees
- Series 4: Personal Papers: A Family in War and Peace