Global Affiliate Membership provides access to CRL collections and services to educational and research institutions located outside of North America. Global Affiliate Membership features the following advantages:
- Digital delivery of materials scanned in response to loan requests, and to other collections digitized by CRL for research and teaching;
- Document delivery of articles and chapters sent through ARIEL document delivery
- Interlibrary loan access to a collection of 3.5-million microform resources, including a 90-day loan period, renewable loan periods on request, and fourth-day delivery on most requests
- Ability to load CRL catalog records or subsets to local catalog or system at no charge (includes periodic updates)
- Online access to the LLMC-Digital full-text database of over 73,000 volumes of primary legal publications
- Free participation in CRL collection webinars, workshops, and forums
- Individualized resource searches available through User Services.
CRL is a research library consortium, so membership costs are apportioned across the membership in a way that reflects the size and means of each institution.
- Global affiliate membership cost shares range from a minimum of $2,000 to a maximum of $18,000 (US$) annually. The membership calculation is based on an average of an institution’s annual library expenditure figures (see definition below) for the most recent five years and requires a minimum three-year membership commitment.
- Global Affiliate Members are required to pay all shipping costs.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Annual library materials expenditures are defined as “aggregate expenditures for acquisitions and binding (books, periodicals, microforms, and all other library materials including electronic media, regardless of source of funding) for all the library units [branches] included in the CRL membership and eligible for service by CRL.”
For more information, see the CRL bylaws.