On April 24, 2014 a new member was elected to the Board of Directors of the Center for Research Libraries:
- Thomas G. Burish was elected provost of the University of Notre Dame on July 21, 2005. A Notre Dame alumnus and distinguished scholar in the field of clinical psychology, Dr. Burish served as president of Washington and Lee University for three years before assuming his present position and was Vanderbilt University's longest-serving provost from 1993 to 2002. Dr. Burish earned masters and doctoral degrees in psychology and clinical psychology from the University of Kansas in 1975 and 1976, respectively. Among the editorial boards on which he serves are those of the Journal of Psychosocial Oncology and the Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings.
The term of office is three years (2014–16).
Elected to second terms on the Board were: Janice S. Welburn, Dean of University Libraries, Marquette University; and Scott L. Waugh, Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost, University of California, Los Angeles. The members of the Nominating Committee are Richard Fyffe, Grinnell College (chair); Barbara Dewey, Pennsylvania State University; Nancy Allen, University of Denver; Leslie Weir, University of Ottawa; Virginia Steel, University of California, Los Angeles; and Bernard Reilly, CRL.
On April 23, the CRL Board of Directors re-elected the following as officers of the Board for the 2014–15 term:
- Chair, Richard Fyffe, Samuel R. and Marie-Louise Rosenthal Librarian of the College, Grinnell College
- Vice Chair, Leslie Weir, University Librarian, University of Ottawa
- Secretary, Janice S. Welburn, Dean of University Libraries, Marquette University
- Treasurer, Scott L. Waugh, Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost, University of California, Los Angeles