The January 2010 issue (V11N3) of The Charleston Advisor (TCA), a review publication of electronic resources for libraries, has been released.
As a benefit of CRL membership, librarians and specialists at CRL libraries have free access to the online reviews. We also welcome your input on future products to review.
The current issue of TCA features the following products:
- A Comparable Evaluation of Il Mulino and FrancoAngeli Journals Databases
- Newspapers Databases in Latin American and Latino Studies: Four Key Products: Acceda Noticias; Hispanic-American Newspapers, 1808–1980; Latin American Newspapers; and Latin American Newsstand
- American History in Video
- American Periodicals from the Center for Research Libraries (APCRL)
- EconLit with Full Text from EBSCO
- Eternal Egypt
- Oxford Art Online
- PLoS ONE
- Questia: Online Library of Books and Journals
- Springer Images
- World Religion Database
To maintain a high level of accuracy and integrity, all reviews are peer-reviewed by experienced librarians. Reviewers come from all areas of librarianship and all types of libraries, ensuring that products are reviewed by people who actually use them. For more information, visit www.charlestonco.com. To see all Charleston Advisor product reviews over the last decade, visit their scoreboard at http://charlestonco.com/index.php?do=Scoreboard