Contact Information System
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE
CRL has established the secure Contact Information System (CIS) database to enhance services and communications with member institutions by:
- Allowing us to provide relevant information to individuals at CRL libraries while minimizing duplicate or extraneous messages
- Helping us to connect with key staff members and understand their roles at their libraries
- Enabling CRL libraries to securely designate representatives and contacts for carrying out various CRL functions and activities, such as ILL, voting on CRL purchases, and participation in CRL webinars.
VOTING MEMBER LIAISONS
For each CRL voting member the authority for all communications relating to institutional membership and to CRL governance, policymaking, budget, and other high-level matters is entrusted to the library director. This system ensures that the library director has secure access to the institution’s profile information in the CRL Contact Information System (CIS) database.
However, CRL library directors are encouraged to designate a CRL “liaison” who can serve as the main contact for routine matters relating to programs, services, and maintaining the CIS database. The designated liaison for each CRL library is identified on the CRL member list to ensure ready access. If no liaison isspecifically designated, the library director will remain the designated key contact/liaison,.
INSTITUTION LOGIN TO CIS
- CIS provides one institution login for the CRL liaison at each voting member library.
- The institution login is linked to the personal email address of the designated liaison.
- The liaison, and/or a staff member delegated by the liaison, is entrusted with keeping the institution’s CIS profile up to date and with carrying out the annual membership renewal process.
- On the CIS login page, use the institution login as the user name with your password to login.
- The CIS login page also provides a link for resetting your password, if needed.
The CIS gathers information from multiple sources , including correspondence with key staff a member institutions and CRL event registrations, and maintains it in a secure database.
CRL treats all information provided by member institutions as strictly confidential and intended for CRL internal purposes only. Information in the CIS database will not be shared with other CRL libraries or with any other third parties.