Purpose and Objective
CRL has established the secure Contact Information System (CIS) database to enhance services and communications with member institutions. CIS helps to
- Provide relevant information to individuals at CRL libraries while minimizing redundant messages
- Connect with key staff members and understand their organizational roles
- Securely designate representatives and contacts from CRL libraries to act on various CRL functions including ILL, voting on CRL purchases, and participation license offers
Voting Member Liaisons
For each CRL voting member institution, the authority for all communications relating to CRL governance, policymaking, budget, and other high-level matters is entrusted to the library director. The library director has secure access to the institution’s profile information in the CRL Contact Information System (CIS) database.
However, CRL library directors are encouraged to designate a CRL “liaison” who can serve as the main contact for routine matters relating to programs, services, and maintaining the CIS database. The designated liaison is identified on the CRL member list to ensure ready access. If no liaison is specifically designated, the library director will remain the designated key contact/liaison.
Institution Login to CIS
- CIS provides one institution login for the CRL liaison at each voting member library.
- The institution login is linked to the personal email address of the designated liaison.
- The liaison, and/or a staff member delegated by the liaison, is entrusted with keeping the institution’s CIS profile up to date and with confirming the annual membership renewal.
- On the CIS login page, use the liaison's email address with your password to login.
- The CIS login page also provides a link for resetting your password, if needed.
CRL staff members gather information from multiple sources, including correspondence with key staff at member institutions and CRL event registrations, and maintain it in the CIS secure database.
CRL treats all information provided by member institutions as strictly confidential and intended for CRL internal purposes only. Information in the CIS database will not be shared with other CRL libraries or with any other third parties.