Plan to arrive in Germany early to take advantage of these opportunities for symposium registrants:
Monday, October 9, 2017
- Visit Harrassowitz (library materials vendor), in Wiesbaden, 9:30 am or 1:30 pm
- Tour Frankfurt Public Central Library, 3:00 - 4:30 pm
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
- Tour Germany National Library, Frankfurt 10:00 am
- Visit Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ) newspaper. Meet at Hellerhofstr. 2-4, 60327 Frankfurt am Main -- S-Bahn Stop Galluswarte S-Bahn 3,4,5,6 (this is the same line you take from the train station to the book fair)
- Welcome and introduction to FAZ, tour of archive, discussion with members of FAZ editorial team, 3:00 - 5:00 pm
- Tour of the printing facility in Mörfelden (FAZ will provide transportation by bus to Mörfelden and back), 5:00 - 7:00 pm
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
- Attend Book Fair orientation at the Frankfurt University Library, then proceed to Fair with colleagues, drop in between 8:30 and 10:00 am
- Expert Tour of the Book Fair for librarians attending the symposium, 11:00 am - 12:30 pm.
The Expert Tour will start at the Business Club, which is right in the entrance area of Hall 4, ground level. Our meeting point is the conference room Europa within the Business Club. The tour will be led by Michael Jay, President of Educational Systems, Inc.
- Attend sponsored evening event for members of ACRL's European Studies Section, by separate invitation
Thursday, October 12, 2017
- Visit the International Librarians Reception (Blaue Stunde) at the Book Fair, Cafeteria am ILC, Hot Spot Professional & Scientific Information Stage, Halle 4.2, N 99, 5:30 pm
All events are free for symposium registrants, but some have limited space.
Please check the Frankfurt Area Guide for many other cultural activities in Frankfurt during the week.