CRL Board of Directors Chair Virginia Steel (University of California, Los Angeles) confirmed the appointment of one new member and four renewing members to CRL's Collections and Services Policy Committee (CSPC), effective July 2017. They are:
- Martha Hruska, Associate University Librarian - Collection Services, University of California, San Diego
- Jeff Kosokoff (new member), Head, Collection Strategy and Development, Duke Universit
- Carmelita Pickett, Associate University Librarian for Collections, University of Iowa
- Karla Strieb, Associate Director, Collections, Technical Services, and Scholarly Communication, Ohio State University
- Caitlin Tillman, Associate Chief Librarian for Collections and Materials Management, University of Toronto
Martha Hruska was confirmed as Chair of the CSPC for an additional two-year term and will continue to serve on CRL's Board as CSPC liaison.
Gregory Raschke (North Carolina State University Libraries) served two full terms on the committee and is rotating off of the committee.
The CSPC is a major component of CRL governance, reporting directly to and advising the CRL Board of Directors on issues pertaining to collections, management of content, and related services. CSPC shapes CRL collection-related policies and priorities and helps set new CRL directions and strategies. The new committee members' terms of office are three years (2017–20).