Through the Global Resources Law Partnership, CRL and LLMC continue to preserve and expand access to a wide range of primary legal publications and documents from U.S. and other national jurisdictions throughout the world. CRL and LLMC recently renewed the partnership for an additional three-year term, through June 2020.
Since 2010, CRL has sponsored LLMC digitization of more than 23,000 volumes from CRL's collections and other contributing institutions, including:
- U.S. state and Canadian provincial legislative serials, covering nearly every state and province;
- African legal documents from the British colonial and post-colonial eras;
- Primary source legal publications from Latin America, including constitutions, laws, and civil codes;
- Rare official gazettes from North Africa, the Middle East, and the Persian Gulf area; and
- An array of additional resources from South Asia, Eastern Europe, and Southeast Asia.
LLMC recently upgraded its platform, LLMC-Digital, to facilitate full-text search and discovery. A new tutorial posted in LLMC's "Help" section highlights some of the improvements and ways to utilize the resources.
LLMC recently reached a significant milestone of 10,000 titles and 100,000 volumes of content in LLMC-Digital. Records for all holdings in LLMC-Digital can be downloaded from OCLC through WorldShare Collection Manager. Records for materials digitized through the CRL/LLMC partnership are also available in CRL’s catalog and can be requested from CRL.