CIFNAL, the Collaborative Initiative for French Language Collections, announces that travel stipends will be made available for CIFNAL institutional members to attend the AIFBD (l’Association Internationale Francophone des Bibliothécaires et Documentalistes) conference "New Challenges for the Preservation of Documentary Heritage" to be held in Sierre, Switzerland on August 16-17, 2017.
Staff members of libraries that are institutional members of CIFNAL and personal members of CIFNAL as of January 1, 2017 are eligible to apply for the stipends. CIFNAL’s members are listed here. The aim of this stipend is to increase communication and collaboration between CIFNAL and other francophone organizations.
Preference for the CIFNAL member stipends will be awarded to candidates who have not recently received a travel stipend, and who are:
- In the first ten years as a librarian or scholarly communication professional.
- Actively contributing to the work of CIFNAL.
- Committed to presenting a paper, organizing a workshop or otherwise taking on an active role in an organization in line with the objectives of CIFNAL.
- Engaged in furthering the development of CIFNAL, WESS and European librarianship.
Stipends will be awarded to defray cost of registration and/or travel up to $1,500 per person, and will be awarded according to the following tiers:
- Accepted presenters from CIFNAL institutional members: $1,500
- Attendees from CIFNAL institutional members: $1,000
- Accepted presenters who are CIFNAL personal members: $750
- Attendees who are CIFNAL personal members: $500
CIFNAL has allocated up to $5,000 for travel stipends for its members to attend the AIFBD conference in Sierre, Switzerland in August 16-17 2017.
Applications should be received by March 31, 2017. The stipend will be administered through CRL recipients will be selected before April 14, 2017 by CIFNAL Steering Committee members and CRL staff.
Stipend awardees will be required to submit proof of registration and travel receipts in order to receive the stipend payment. Stipend awardees will be required to submit a one-page report documenting their experience at the conference and outlining the ways in which their attendance at the conference contributes to the work of CIFNAL.