CIFNAL (the Collaborative Initiative for French Language Collections) and GNARP (German-North American Resources Partnership) announce that travel stipends will be made available for their members to attend the New Directions for Libraries, Scholars, and Partnerships: an International Symposium to be held in Frankfurt, Germany, on October 13, 2017.
Staff members of libraries that are institutional members of CIFNAL or GNARP and personal members of CIFNAL or GNARP as of January 1, 2017, are eligible to apply for the stipends. CIFNAL’s members are listed here. GNARP’s members are listed here. The aim of these stipends is to increase communication and collaboration between North American and European librarians.
Persons who are members of both CIFNAL and GNARP may receive only one stipend for the Frankfurt symposium.
CIFNAL travel stipends are available to members from all locations. GNARP travel stipends are available to its members in North America.
Preference for the CIFNAL and GNARP member stipends will be awarded to candidates who did not receive a travel stipend recently and who are:
- In the first ten years as a librarian or scholarly information professional.
- Actively contributing to the work of CIFNAL and/or GNARP.
- Committed to presenting a paper or poster at the symposium.
- Engaged in furthering the development of CIFNAL, GNARP, WESS and European librarianship.
Stipends will be awarded to defray cost of registration and/or travel up to $1,500 per person, and will be awarded according to the following tiers:
- Accepted presenters from CIFNAL or GNARP institutional members of CIFNAL or GNARP: $1,500
- Attendees from CIFNAL or GNARP institutional members: $1,000
- Accepted presenters who are personal members of CIFNAL or GNARP: $750
- Attendees who are personal members of CIFNAL or GNARP: $500
Applications must be received by April 15, 2017. The stipend will be administered through CRL and the selection of recipients will be made before May 15, 2017 by designees of the CIFNAL and GNARP Steering Committees and CRL.
Stipend awardees will be required to submit proof of registration and travel receipts in order to receive the stipend payment. Stipend awardees will be required to submit a one page report documenting their experience at the conference and outlining the ways in which their attendance at the conference contributes to the work of CIFNAL or GNARP.