The Center for Research Libraries (CRL) is seeking a creative Web Developer. CRL hosts websites and web-enabled services on a variety of environments and platforms, on both local hosts and cloud services. Under the direction of the Systems Development Manager, the candidate selected will work both independently, and in collaboration with other department staff, to design, develop, implement and maintain web projects. This is a full-time position with flexibility of working remotely off-site from the CRL facility in Chicago.
Founded in 1949, the Center for Research Libraries is an international library consortium of over 200 university, college and independent research libraries working together to build global collections to empower scholarship and promote the value of research libraries.
- Develop, customize, update, and debug web applications primarily within a LAMP stack.
- Conduct system administration and information architecture tasks on content management systems such as Drupal and Confluence including: evaluating and implementing modules, monitoring workflows, developing site wide theming, templates and content structures.
- Create templates, workflows, training materials, documentation and other tools to facilitate web authoring activities by contents creators and editors.
- Conduct user interface design, integration and customization.
- Participate in team efforts on sophisticated development projects; may be required to lead team efforts or coordinate the work of others in some projects.
Skills Experience & Education Requirements:
- A bachelor degree in computer science or Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of two years development experience with web-enabled application development.
- A minimum of one year of development experience in Drupal or other content management systems.
- Proficient in at least one server-side programming languages, such as PHP and Python.
- Knowledge and ability to build complex SQL queries against relational databases.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, AWS or other cloud services.
- Programming experience with web services and related integrations, such as RESTful APIs.
- Programming experience with development frameworks such as Symfony and Django.
- Working knowledge of LDAP, federated authentication and single-sign-on, such as Crowd.
- Knowledge and experience in UNIX/Linux administration, especially with LAMP stack.
- Experience in site design and graphic editing.
- Experience in academic libraries.
To be considered for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume with the title of the position in the subject line to email@example.com .
The Center for Research Libraries (CRL) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment, hiring and employment. CRL is actively committed to promoting the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion as key components for serving its members and advancing its global mission. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.