Center for Research Libraries (CRL) is seeking a creative and self-directed professional with a focus on achieving top-notch results to coordinate a program entitled the “South Asia Material Project’s Open Archives initiative”. The program’s objective is to produce and disseminate digital resources for the understanding of contemporary and historical South Asia. In addition to developing, implementing and administering the program, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for outreach and participating in initiatives that leverage program results for the purpose of expanding the Open Archives initiative and sources of program funding..
Key duties and responsibilities
- Building internal and external working partnerships and coordinating and interacting closely with program Executive Board and participant working groups for digitization, funding, and infrastructure.
- Participating in and facilitating the establishment of program administrative and technical requirements.
- Coordinating workflow of resources contributed by program members, contracted third party services, and other participating institutions.
- Assisting in the development of an on-line presence and distributed technical infrastructure for the program.
- Developing and disseminating press releases, articles, brochures and other communications.
- Managing program finances (invoicing and payments) and preparing regular financial reports.
Overseeing performance of program staff.
Organizing meetings and training workshops for participants in the Open Archives initiative.
Developing and sustaining relationships with existing and potential funders and participating in the preparation of proposals to external funding bodies.
Requirements and preferred qualifications
- Masters degree in Library and Information Science (MLIS) or an advanced degree in Asian studies desirable.
- Professional experience that includes accountability for conceptualizing and implementing workflow processes as well as supervisory responsibility.
- Experience developing and implementing digital projects necessary.
- Exceptional relationship and team building skills and demonstrated ability to coordinate work across internal task groups and organizational boundaries.
- Record of preparing successful funding proposals in addition to developing and maintaining relationships with funding agencies.
- Understanding of computers, data structures, and electronic environments and systems; and familiarity with HTML, SGML scripting and Web enabling tools necessary. Experience with management of distributed electronic components in a complex program and familiarity with issues attending digital libraries desirable.
- Strong presentation skills and experience communicating with diverse groups including institutional senior management.
- Ability to write press releases, speeches or articles for publication in conformity with style guidelines.
Demonstrated foreign language capability and knowledge of South Asia, South Asian languages, culture, history, and geography desirable.
In addition to the professional challenge and the opportunity to play a key role in the success of a cutting-edge initiative, CRL offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits package.
Respond with the title of the position in the subject line to: Resumes@crl.edu. You may also respond by mail or fax, indicating the position you are applying for to:
Human Resources, Center for Research Libraries, 6050 S. Kenwood Ave. Chicago, IL 60637 or Fax: 773-955-4545
CRL is an Equal Opportunity Employerm/f/d/v, that values the diversity of its work force as a key ingredient for serving its member global interests