ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANT
The Center for Research Libraries (CRL) seeks an energetic, collaborative, team oriented individual to become a member of its Accounting Department. The Accounting Financial Assistant Position provides accounting and administrative support for NERL http://nerl.org and general accounting assistance to CRL. Duties encompass a wide variety of administrative, logistic, computational and computer related tasks that support efficient ongoing internal operations, external service delivery and program success.
Founded in 1949, the Center for Research Libraries (CRL) is an international consortium of over 200 university, college and independent libraries working together to build global collections to empower scholarship and promote the values of research libraries.
Scope of responsibility includes:
- Generating program billing and payments
- Processing receipts of dedicated program revenue
- Documentation of transactions and creating reports
- Compiling budget information
- Tracking data and compiling reports
- Acting as a liaison and coordinating with program members and vendors
- Tracing payments for invoices for all CRL revenue
- General accounting duties as assigned
- General knowledge of electronic resources, including licensing, and research library operations
- Understanding and ability to apply fundamental generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills that include the ability to interact at all levels of CRL, internally, and externally with NERL membership base and vendors
- Excellent command of common word processing and spread sheet software (Word & Excel) as well as working knowledge of other common applications such as Filemaker and Adobe Acrobat
- Associates Degree in related field and a minimum of 2 years directly related work history and specialized academic course work
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience working with external vendors
Respond with the title of the position in the subject line to: Resumes@crl.edu. You may also respond by mail or fax, indicating the position you are applying for to:
Center for Research Libraries
6050 S. Kenwood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60637
The Center for Research Libraries (CRL) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. CRL is actively committed to promoting the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion as key components for serving its members and advancing its global mission. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.