About the Listserv
List name: PAN
The PAN list is moderated to keep messages on topic and to limit list traffic to a reasonable amount. Please consider whether your post will add to the discussion in an informative way that will be of value to others, or whether it is best to send it privately. All types of librarians are welcome on this list: academic, public, law firm, court, government, etc. Other individuals with a non-commercial interest in shared print are also welcome to subscribe.
Suggestions for Subscribers
- Please use a detailed subject line in your messages to the list.
- Include your name, organization, and e-mail address in messages to the list. This is to help those subscribers who use e-mail software that removes the header information from incoming mail.
- If you are going to be out of the office, and you set up an autoresponder, remember to postpone mail from the list before you leave. If you don't, everyone who posts a message to the list will get your autoresponse.
- Please turn off html formatting when you write a message to the list. We ask this because the html code in messages is rendered as unintelligable text in the digest version of the list, and on mobile devices.
- When your email address changes please remember to unsubscribe and resubscribe with your new email.
The purpose of the list is to:
- Facilitate communication among librarians involved in shared print preservation projects.
- Provide a forum for publishing PAN meeting information
- Discuss shared print topics
Appropriate usage includes:
- Making announcements about shared print projects, including job postings.
- Sharing information and resources about Shared Print programs.
- Asking for advice from colleagues.
- Discussions and questions about products and services initiated by list subscribers.
Inappropriate usage includes:
- Advertisements by publishers, software producers, or other vendors.
- Commercial use or any other unauthorized use of this Discussion Forum.
- The list may not be used to provide information, materials, products, or services in exchange for compensation of any kind.
- Posting comments or events unrelated to the PAN meeting.
Send a message
Once you are subscribed, send mail to: PAN<at>LISTSERV.CRL.EDU
Your message will be distributed to all the people subscribed to the list
Email PAN-request<at>LISTSERV.CRL.EDU if you have questions or comments about the listserv.