10:00 a.m.–12:00 noon CDT
The CRL Business Meeting is the main governance event of CRL’s year, where designated representatives of CRL libraries review and vote on the slate of Board members and annual budget for the coming fiscal year.
- Chair’s Report – Fred Heath
- Secretary’s Report – Brian Schottlaender
- President’s Report – Bernard Reilly will report on current year CRL activities and will outline the program objectives for the coming fiscal year.
- Treasurer’s Report and Proposed Budget for FY 2011 – Sarah Michalak
- Nomination and Election of Board of Directors – Fred Heath
- CRL Primary Source Awards – Joyce Ogburn, Chair, CRL Collections and Services Policy Committee
1:30–4:00 p.m. CDT
The online Collections Forum offers administrators, staff, and faculty at CRL libraries the chance to hear about new CRL collections and resources, and to help shape our agenda and services for the coming year.
1:30 p.m. Expanding Global Resources
Participate in a series of conversations on CRL’s multiyear agenda to expand electronic access to critical research materials and support local collection decision-making and investment.
- Growing CRL Shared Collections
CRL Member Liaison and Outreach Services Director Mary Wilke reports on collections acquired this year through the cooperative purchase programs and area studies preservation programs, including ten new microform sets valued at $172,000.
- Background: See the list of 2010 Purchase Proposal Program acquisitions.
- New CRL Digital Resources
CRL Director of International Resources James Simon discusses new digitization plans, including:
- expanding the World Newspaper Archive
- partnership with the Law Libraries Microfilm Consortium, TRAIL, and the British Library EThOS program
- other digital resources for international studies.
- Background: Find out more about the World Newspaper Archive program.
- Global Resources Programs
CRL Digital Program Manager Virginia Kerr previews upcoming events and programs, including collections Webinars, forums, e-collection reviews, field guides, and profiles.
- Background: See a list of upcoming CRL Webinars.
2:30 p.m. Leveraging Digital Repositories
Martha Brogan, chair of CRL’s Certification Advisory Panel, outlines the costs, benefits, and features of major digital repository efforts, including Portico and HathiTrust.
- Background: See CRL’s certification report on Portico.
3:15 p.m. Sharing Print Collections
Lizanne Payne, CRL Print Archives Program Manager, offers an inside view of inter-consortium cooperation in shared print archiving in North America.
- Background: More about the CRL print archives framework.