The CRL Council of Voting Members has elected Susan Martin, Provost and Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs at the University of Tennessee Knoxville, to CRL’s Board of Directors. Dr. Martin was associate dean of the UT Knoxville College of Arts and Sciences from 2000 to 2004, and prior to that was a member of the faculty of the Department of Classics at the University. More information about Provost Martin is available at: http://provost.utk.edu/bio/martin_bio.shtml.
According to the CRL bylaws, “The Board of Directors shall consist of fifteen elected directors and one ex officio director. The directors shall be elected by the Voting Members.” Dr. Martin is the fifteenth member of the CRL Board. Board members are nominated by the CRL Nominating Committee, which seeks to ensure representation by all sectors of CRL membership and to include library directors, senior university administration, and members of the scholarly community.
Current members of the Nominating Committee are:
- Fred Heath (chair), University of Texas–Austin
- Barbara Dewey, Pennsylvania State University
- Kenneth Frazier, University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Paula Kaufman, University of Illinois–Urbana/Champaign
- Charles Phelps, University of Rochester
- Bernard F. Reilly, ex officio, Center for Research Libraries