The Charleston Advisor, an online review of electronic resources for libraries, periodically features special sections focused on a particular topic. As endorsed by CRL, the April 2012 issue of The Charleston Advisor includes a special section devoted to Islam and Middle Eastern e-resources. CRL helped solicit review authors for this section from the membership of the Middle East Microform Project (MEMP). The full list of reviews includes:
- eBooks on EBSCOhost
- Encyclopaedia Iranica
- Encyclopedia of Islam and the Muslim World
- Encyclopedia of Women in Islamic Cultures Online
- The Middle East Online: Series 1: Arab-Israeli Relations, 1917-1970t
- Oxford Islamic Studies Online
- Accessible Archives
- ACLS Humanities E-Book (HEB)
- ACM Digital Library
- Facts On File: World Religions Online
- Slavery and Anti-Slavery: A Transitional Archive and Underground and Independent Comics, Comix, and Graphic Novels
The issue also features a comparison review of five scholarly Open Access publishers.
As a benefit of CRL membership, librarians and specialists at CRL libraries have free access to all TCA online reviews. CRL also invites your ideas on future databases and electronic resources for review.
To maintain a high level of accuracy and integrity, all reviews are peer-reviewed by librarians. Reviewers come from all fields and all types of libraries, ensuring that products are reviewed by people who actually use them. For more information, visit www.charlestonco.com . To see all Charleston Advisor product reviews over the last ten years, visit their scoreboard.