Four new members have been elected to three-year terms on the Board of Directors of the Center for Research Libraries at the CRL Annual Council Meeting held in Chicago on May 23, 2019:
- Deborah Jakubs is the Rita DiGiallonardo Holloway University Librarian and the Vice Provost for Library Affairs at Duke University. She leads efforts to cultivate information services that support the teaching and research of the Duke community and the international community of scholars.
- Adriene Lim is currently the Dean of Libraries and Philip H. Knight Chair at the University of Oregon. Dr. Lim was previously Dean of Libraries at Oakland University in Michigan and held leadership roles at Portland State University, Wayne State University and the Detroit Area Library Network (DALNET). Beginning in August, 2019, she will become the dean of University Libraries at the University of Maryland.
- David Magier is the Associate University Librarian for Scholarly Collections and Research Services at Princeton University Library. Previously he was the director for the Center for Human Rights Documentation and Research and the director of Area Studies at Columbia University Libraries.
- Denise Stephens is the Vice Provost and University Librarian Washington University, Saint Louis, where she manages nine library locations, special collections, and the system’s archives. Prior to serving at Washington University, Stephens was the university librarian at the University of California, Santa Barbara.
Elected to second terms on the Board were: Tyrone Heath Cannon, Dean, University Libraries, University of San Francisco; Barbara Dewey, Dean of University Libraries and Scholarly Communications, Pennsylvania State University; Cheryl Regehr, Provost and Vice-President, University of Toronto; and Bradley Schaffner, College Librarian and Senior Lecturer, Carleton College.
On May 22, the CRL Board of Directors elected the following as officers for the 2019–20 term:
- Chair, Virginia Steel, University Librarian, University of California, Los Angeles
- Vice Chair, Thomas G. Burish, Provost, University of Notre Dame
- Secretary, Bradley L. Schaffner, College Librarian and Senior Lecturer, Carleton College
- Treasurer, Barbara Dewey, Dean of University Libraries and Scholarly Communications, Pennsylvania State University