CIFNAL (the Collaborative Initiative for French Language Collections/Collectif international des fonds documentaires en langue française) announces that two stipends of $1,500 and two stipends of $1,000 will be made available to attend the 2014 AIFBD Conference, August 23–25 in Limoges, France. The stipends aims to enable four members of CIFNAL to increase communication and collaboration between CIFNAL and other francophone organizations. Staff members of the 47 libraries that are institutional members of CIFNAL are eligible to apply.
Preference will be given to candidates who are:
- actively contributing to the work of CIFNAL
- committed to presenting a paper, organizing a workshop, or otherwise taking on an active role in the AIFBD Conference planning or organization
- engaged in furthering the development of CIFNAL, WESS, and Western European librarianship.
The stipend will be awarded to defray cost of registration and/or travel. Preference will be given to candidates with less than 10 years’ experience as a professional librarian for the $1,500 award.
Applications should be received by March 1. Members of the CIFNAL Steering Committee and CRL will select the recipients before April 1; the stipend will be administered through CRL.
Stipend recipients are expected to:
- represent CIFNAL at AIFBD meetings
- participate in the AIFBD Conference as a presenter or in a planning/organizer’s role (if possible)
- report on CIFNAL activities at the meetings of the AIFBD and other French language interest groups
- network with colleagues to support and strengthen the development of CIFNAL
- seek francophone partners to join CIFNAL projects
- report back to the membership on the CIFNAL listserv and CIFNAL meetings.
For further information, contact Judy Alspach, Project Coordinator, Global Resources Network.