CIFNAL, the Collaborative Initiative for French Language Collections/Collectif international des fonds documentaires en langue française, will award two stipends of $1,000 to attend the 2011 AIFBD Conference on August 9–12 in Martinique. Staff members of libraries that are institutional members of CIFNAL are eligible to apply (the 34 institutional members are listed here). The stipend will enable two members of CIFNAL to attend the 2011 AIFBD Conference to increase communication and collaboration between CIFNAL and other francophone organizations. Preference will be given to candidates who are actively contributing to the work of CIFNAL and are engaged in furthering its development. The stipend will be awarded to defray cost of registration and travel up to $1,000 for two members. Applications should be received by CRL by March 1, 2011. The stipend will be administered through CRL and the selection of recipients will be made by members of the CIFNAL Steering Committee and CRL before April 1, 2011.
The candidate is expected to:
- Represent CIFNAL at AIFBD meetings
- Report on CIFNAL activities at the meetings of the AIFBD and other French language interest groups
- Network with colleagues to support and strengthen the development of CIFNAL
- Seek francophone partners to join CIFNAL projects
- Report back to the membership on the CIFNAL Listserv and/or at meetings.