New TCA Electronic Resource ReviewsMay 4 2011
The April 2011 issue (V12N4) of The Charleston Advisor (TCA), an online review of electronic resources for libraries, has been released. This edition includes reviews of Electronic Enlightenment and the World Health Organization database, and a comparative analysis of Encore Synergy and Primo Central.
Other featured databases and electronic resources analyzed in the current issue of TCA include:
- social networking sites Diigo and Digg
- the Blekko search engine
- Business Technical Solutions database
- Colonial State Papers
- Films on Demand,
- the Gimlet application for collecting service point statistics in libraries
- Internet Scientific Publications
- the LibAnswers refence tool
- Something About the Author Online
- and the Teen Health and Wellness database.
As a benefit of CRL membership, librarians and specialists at CRL libraries have free access to all TCA online reviews. CRL also invites your ideas on future databases and electronic resources for review.
To maintain a high level of accuracy and integrity, all reviews are peer-reviewed by librarians. Reviewers come from all fields and all types of libraries, ensuring that products are reviewed by people who actually use them. For more information, visit www.charlestonco.com. To see all Charleston Advisor product reviews over the last ten years, visit their scoreboard at http://charlestonco.com/index.php?do=Scoreboard