CRL members are encouraged to nominate microform collections for acquisition by CRLJun 19 2006
Nominations currently are being accepted for the FY07 Purchase Proposal Program. All CRL member institutions are eligible to nominate materials for this cooperative acquisition program, which last year acquired 14 collections valued at $195,505.
The nomination process is conducted through CRL’s Web site. Passwords to access the nomination form were sent to the contact person at member institutions. If you are not sure who that person is, or your institution did not receive a password, please contact mwilke [at] crl [dot] edu (Mary Wilke).
FY07 Purchase Proposal Program nominations will close September 15, 2006.
Under the CRL Purchase Proposal Program, any member library may nominate for CRL purchase major microfilm sets and reprint collections. The nominated materials must meet the following criteria:
- Costs $1,000 or more
- Forms a coherent unit; or, consists of separate works that are all listed in an existing standard bibliography or fall within an easily definable class; or, is a reproduction of a single known collection
- Materials are not readily available for loan from five or more CRL members.
Ineligible for purchase under the program:
- Reference works, unless they relate to a collection held by or being purchased by CRL
- Selections from a large body of material, unless they meet the criteria set forth in (2) above
- Sets that assemble in one place material that is already easily available from a variety of sources
- Original archival materials
- Rare books