CRL’s webinars are open to all CRL libraries, their staff, and affiliated researchers. They are held usually on Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m. (CT) and are organized for convenience into the following service types:
1. Subject-Specific Webinars
Throughout the year, CRL holds webinars that focus on specific subject areas recommended by library staff and patrons at CRL libraries. These sessions highlight CRL collections and resources that support research and teaching in those areas. For example, the January 2010 webinar and winter 2010 newsletter focused on CRL resources that support Southeast Asia studies; the July 2010 webinar and summer 2010 newsletter highlighted African resources. A list of upcoming webinars and topics is featured below.
2. CRL Collections and Services Webinars
The annual CRL Collections and Services webinars provide an overview of CRL collections and access, programs and services, policies, and practices, and are ideal opportunities for:
- Familiarizing newly hired library staff and faculty about CRL resources and the benefits of membership
- Refresher course to update staff about new collections, programs, digitization activities, and more
- Orienting staff and faculty at newly enrolled CRL libraries on CRL collections, programs, and how to get maximum value from their investment in CRL
After each webinar, CRL posts the audio-visual presentations on our website and our YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/crldotedu).
CRL webinars have two components:
We use WebEx software for interactive presentations. The conference software will be downloaded automatically, and should work with any standard web browser. Sign in with your name and affiliated institution.
To connect to the conference room on the day of the Webinar, please click the link provided in your confirmation e-mail 10 to 15 minutes ahead of the scheduled meeting time.
If you have a speaker or headphone on your computer, you can hear the presenters from your computer. To test your device, click the “Communicate” tab from the top menu after login on the web.
You may call in with a telephone using the phone number and access code provided in your confirmation email.
We strongly recommend that you run a test the day before the webinar.
If you have any problems connecting, please feel free to call us directly at 773-955-4545 ext. 346.
- Text/Data Mining, Libraries, and Online Publishers: July 17
- Licensing and Acquisitions: September 18
- Collections and Services: June 12, October 9
- Government Data: October 23