GUIDE: Allied Forces. Supreme Headquarters. Comparative list of C.I.O.S. final reports by C.I.O.S and U.S. Publications Board numbers. Z7165.A436 Great Britain. British Intelligence Objectives Sub-committee. B.I.O.S., C.I.O.S., F.I.A.T. series 1936–39. Great Britain. British Intelligence Objectives Sub-committee. Classified list. Great Britain. Stationery Office. Reports on German engineering industry B.I.O.S., C.I.O.S., and F.I.A.T. series published between 1946 and 1949. Z7165.G3G721 U.S. Department of Commerce. Office of Technical Services. Technical Industrial Intelligence Division. Reports resulting from the investigation of German technology 1945–46, and Index of personnel. See CRL Reference Folder #228. For assistance in accessing this uncataloged material, please contact Mary Wilke, CRL’s Member Liaison and Outreach Services Director.
This collection includes reports on technology, engineering, and industries, mainly in Germany, during and immediately following World War II. The information was collected by various governmental intelligence agencies; the reports cover subjects such as the German clock and watch industry, chlorine plants, pharmaceuticals, viscose rayon plants, radar, and chemical industries. CRL’s holdings and the reporting agencies:
- Allied Forces. Supreme Headquarters. Report [of the] Combined Intelligence Objectives Sub-committee (C.I.O.S.) file, no.1–33 [incomplete]. (Includes about 500 reports)
- Germany (Territory under Allied Occupation, 1945—U.S. Zone). Field Information Agency, Technical. F.I.A.T. final report, no.46–1313 [incomplete]. (Includes about 500 reports)
- Great Britain. British Intelligence Objectives Sub-committee. B.I.O.S. final report, no.1–1874 [incomplete]. (Includes about 1,500 reports)
- Great Britain. British Intelligence Objectives Sub-committee. B.I.O.S. miscellaneous report, no.1–113 [incomplete]. (Includes 15 reports)
- U.S. Joint Intelligence Objectives Agency. J.I.O.A. [report], no.1–174 [incomplete]. (Includes about 75 reports)
- U.S. Joint Intelligence Objectives Agency. J.I.O.A. final report, no.68 and 80 only.