Text mining enables researchers to extract valuable information and data from large bodies of text, but also presents formidable technical and intellectual property challenges for libraries. This CRL webinar explores recent trends in text mining, and how publishers and libraries are responding to those challenges. Presenters from Elsevier and Gale Cengage, as well as collection development experts, will discuss:
- the types of resources being “mined,”including e-journal databases and digitized newspapers and archives
- recent text-mining projects
- the challenges and issues these present for database publishers
- what role, if any, libraries can play to support these activities
- what new services are envisioned and what is in the pipeline.
A recording of this presention is also available here (for members only)
CRL hosts webinars throughout the year. More information on our webinar schedule can be found in the Membership section.