CRL promotes opportunities for libraries and consortia to share information, expertise, and best practices for the cooperative, strategic preservation and management of print. PAN is a free and open venue for this kind of information-sharing. All those with an interest in print archiving are welcome to attend and participate. Seating is on a first come first serve basis.
For more information about PAN, please join the PAN listserv. PowerPoint presentations and reports on various U.S. and Canadian shared print and print archive programs, produced for past PAN Forums (2009-2018), are available online and in our archive.
9:00-9:10 Welcome & Announcements
Matthew Revitt, Shared Print Consultant, EAST. Special Collection and Maine Shared Collection Librarian, University of Maine.
9:10-9:40 Regional Update Canada
- Keep@ Downsview (Caitlin Tillman. Associate Chief Librarian for Collections and Materials Management, University of Toronto Libraries) (Download)
- COPPUL (Doug Brigham. SPAN Coordinator, Council of Prairie and Pacific University Libraries) (Download)
- OCUL (Amy Greenberg, Assistant Director, Member and Research and Learning Support Services, The Ontario Council of University Libraries) (Download)
9:40-10:30 Exploring Data from Print Archive Programs
- Citation Analysis for Shared Print Programs. (Amy Wood. Head of Technical Services, Center for Research Libraries) (Download)
- Clustering of Catalogue Metadata for Evidence Based Decisions in Sharing, Preservation, and Retro-Digitization. (Dr. Rupert Schaab. Head of Liaison Librarians, Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Göttingen) (Download)
- EAST Tableau Data Visualizations. (Susan Stearns. Executive Director, Boston Library Consortium) (Download)
10:30-11:10 Collaborations in Print Archiving
- Rosemont Group. (Kim Armstrong. Director, Library Initiatives of the Big Ten Academic Alliance) (Download)
- EAST Monographs Shared Print Summit. (Susan Stearns. Executive Director, Boston Library Consortium) (Download)
- Future of the Print Record Working Group. (Bob Kieft. Consultant, SCELC Shared Print)
11:10-11:30 Short Subjects
- From ILS to IMS: How the UC Regional Library Facilities are changing the way they manage their inventory. (Cathy Martyniak. Director, Southern Regional Library Facility and Collaborative Shared Print Programs) (Download)
- MOU as Place: Overlapping realm(s) and intention(s) in shared print. (Jeff Kosokoff, Assistant University Librarian for Collection Strategy, Duke University) (Download)