This undertaking drew from knowledge and best practices in the fields of digital preservation, library and museum management, database indemnification, disaster preparedness, and university and cultural heritage institution financial management.
Bernard F. Reilly, President of the Center for Research Libraries
Reilly has been an active leader in CRL preservation initiatives and has managed digital library projects and digital resource licensing and contract arrangements in the for-profit and non-profit sector for more than ten years. As principal investigator, he oversaw the work of the project director, and led the deliberations of the panel of project advisors.
Robin Dale, Program Officer, Research Libraries Group
Dale was the cochair and principal investigator of the RLG-NARA Task Force on Digital Repository Certification, which finalized its draft set of certification standards and criteria in 2006. The Task Force provided vetting and advice to the project, supporting and augmenting the work of the project advisors.
- Stephen Chapman, Preservation Librarian for Digital Initiatives, Harvard University
- Beverlee French, former Director for Shared Content and Deputy University Librarian, University of California
- Ann Shumelda Okerson, Associate University Librarian for Collection Development, Yale University
- Gregory A. Jackson, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, University of Chicago, and Member, Board of Directors, EDUCAUSE
- Karl W. Schornagel, Inspector General, Library of Congress
- David E. Shulenberger, Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor, University of Kansas, and Member, Board of Directors, Bio-One Publishers.
The project advisors brought to the effort knowledge and insights from the fields of scholarly publishing, digital preservation, e-journals licensing, fiscal management and oversight, and information technology administration in higher education.
A systems analyst, project technician, and technical consultants also supported the effort.