Working under the general direction of the Controller, the Accounting Specialist for Payroll and Receivables is responsible for performing the full range of Payroll processing and Accounts Receivable duties.
Scope of responsibility for Payroll encompasses:
- Setting-up and processing biweekly payroll
- Tracking and providing notification of eligibility for health care and retirement benefits
- Calculating benefits premiums
- Monitoring paid release time usage.
Scope of responsibility for Receivables includes:
- Creating invoices that generate general and grant funded revenue
- Training Program Financial Assistant in procedures
- Assisting with budgeting and by providing calculations and forecasts based on receivables data
Skills Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Experience executing payroll transactions using an automated payroll system
- Experience processing receivables using module of automated accounting system, Financial Edge preferred.
- Understanding and ability to apply general accounting principles
- Attention to detail and ability to execute work within established processes
- Judgement to deal with highly confidential information and sensitive situations
- Capacity to work independently as well as team with others to meet objectives and time frames.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline and a minimum of 2 years of experience or the equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- Respond with the title of the position in the subject line to: email@example.com. You may also respond by mail or fax, indicating the position you are applying for to:
Center for Research Libraries
6050 S. Kenwood
Chicago, IL 60637
CRL is and Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v that values the diversity of its work force as a
key ingredient for servings its members global interests