The Center for Research Libraries (CRL) is seeking a creative Web Developer. CRL hosts websites and web-enabled services on a variety of environments and platforms, on both local hosts and cloud services. Under the direction of the Systems Development Manager, the candidate selected will work both independently, and in collaboration with other department staff, to design, develop, implement and maintain web projects.
- Develop and update web applications with database driven and XML-based dynamic contents.
- Conduct system administration and information architecture tasks on content management systems such as Drupal and Confluence including : evaluation and implementation of modules; work flows monitoring; development of site wide theming, templates, content structures.
- Create templates, workflows, training materials, documentation and other tools to facilitate web authoring activities by contents creators and editors.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, de-bug and modify existing web applications.
- Conduct user interface design, integration and customization of web applications that leverage open source and third party products.
- Participate in team efforts on larger scale development projects; may be required to lead team efforts or coordinate the work of others for some projects.
Skills Experience & Education Requirements:
- A bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of two years development experience with web-enabled application development.
- A minimum of one year development experience in Drupal or other content management systems.
- Proficient in at least one server-side programming languages, such as PHP and Python.
- Knowledge and ability to build complex SQL queries against relational databases.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, AWS or other cloud services.
- Programming experience with web services and related integrations, such as RESTful APIs.
- Programming experience with frameworks such as Symfony and Zend.
- Working knowledge of LDAP, federated authentication and single-sign-on, such as Crowd.
- Knowledge and experience in UNIX/Linux administration, especially with LAMP stack.
- Experience in site design and graphic editing.
- Experience in developing utilities to manipulate or remodel large sets of raw data for content ingestion.
In addition to professional challenge and the chance to make a contribution, CRL offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits package. Respond with the title of the position in the subject line to: Resumes@crl.edu. You may also respond by mail or fax, indicating the position you are applying for to:
Center for Research Libraries
6050 S. Kenwood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60637
CRL is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v that values the diversity of its work force as a key ingredient for serving its members global interests