PART-TIME LIBRARY STACK MANAGEMENT
Ideal for Students
The Center for Research Libraries (CRL) supports specialized research at over 200 colleges and university member institutions, providing them with essential materials from around the globe in print and digital format. The following part-time Library Assistant position offers the opportunity to support CRL’s mission.
The Stack Management Assistant... Position is responsible for retrieving and returning material from and to the stacks wihich requires the ability to routinely lift up to 20 lbs. and push a cart with up to 100 lbs. of library material upon it.
Preservation Project Assistant... Position is responsible for moving and opening boxes containing up to 45 lbs of bound journals, and evaluation the condition and completeness of the material. Duties also include entering data to update catalog records and shelving materials.
Requirements for all the opportunities described:
- Ability to assimilate instructions and execute work within established processes, according to instructions
- Attention to detail and capacity to consistently perform detailed and/or repetitive work accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to collect and assemble information in an orderly, efficient manner
- Must be able to maintain a regular work schedule of between 8 and 18 hours per week within CRL’s hours of business, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Must be authorized to legally accept work in the U. S., not limited to “on campus” employment.
Prior library experience and an understanding of the research and classroom uses of primary and secondary source material are the preferred qualifications. Experience researching and comparing scholarly material is a plus.
CRL is open year-around, so work is available through the summer, school breaks and holidays. A variety of schedules are available with in our operating hours of Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CRL is conveniently located adjacent to the University of Chicago’s Hyde Park Campus.
The current pay rate is $11.00 per hour
How to Apply:
Forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org stating which opportunity or opportunities you are applying for in the subject line. You must also provide the days and hours you are available for work. You may also fax the information to: 773-955-4339
CRL is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v, that values the diversity of its work force as a key ingredient for serving its member global interests